How many times have you heard of the quote ‘eat breakfast like a king’? Nutritionists insist that you should never ever skip breakfast. This is because it is the most important meal of the day. According to nutritionists breakfast foods contain calcium, iron and vitamins which boost immunity in our bodies and keep us energized throughout the day. People who miss breakfast are more likely to have a grumpy and extra slow day. According to medical researchers, eating a good breakfast has long term health benefits. It can reduce obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes. It is however important to watch the kind of breakfast you have. Some of the processed meat found on family tables have been known to put people at a higher risk of cancer. Let us look at different smoothies that you can enjoy not only for breakfast but at any time of the day or night.
- Papaya smoothie. This is one of the healthiest fruits. From promoting digestive health, preventing heart disease and boosting immunity, Papaya is a must have fruit in any household.To make a papaya smoothie you need 1 papaya, fat free yogurt, ice cubes and coconut extracts. All you need to do is chop up the papaya in chunks and put it in the blender. Add your yogurt, ice cubes and coconut extracts then blend until your desired consistency. You do not need to add any sugar because papaya has its own natural sugar.
2. Watermelon and Pineapple smoothie. Doesn’t the thought of making this smoothie make you salivate? Watermelon is rich in vitamins and antioxidants while pineapples are known to boost immunity and bone strength. To make this delicious smoothie, you need chopped watermelon and pineapple chunks, fat free milk and blend to your desired consistency. Note that you can use almond milk if you are not a fan of fat free milk. You can throw in some mango slices for extra sweetness and thickness.
3. Banana, Orange and strawberry smoothie. Bananas are the most popular fruits in the smoothie world. They are naturally sweet and make the smoothie thick. This smoothie is self explanatory. You just need the three mentioned fruits and fat free yogurt. Chop up the banana and strawberries, squeeze an orange and then add all the ingredients in the blender. Do not forget to add the yogurt and then blend. It is that simple.
4. Tomato and carrot smoothie. This might not sound tasty but try it and prove yourself wrong. You need 2 large peeled tomatoes, plain yogurt, two medium sized carrots and a pinch of salt. Blend all the ingredients and enjoy the healthy smoothie.
5. Banana and ginger smoothie. This might sound like a weird combination but the health benefits are numerous. You need sliced bananas, vanilla yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey and grated ginger. Like all the other smoothies, put all the ingredients in the blender and blend to your desired consistency. This smoothie works wonders for stomach upsets, nausea and heartburns.
6.Strawberry, yogurt smoothie. After banana smoothies, strawberry smoothies are the most popular. This smoothie is easy to make. You need ripe strawberries, plain yogurt, fresh orange juice and sugar (optional). Mix all the ingredients in the blender and blend away.
7. Mango and avocado smoothie. These two fruits do not only go down well in a fruit salad. They are the perfect combination for a delicious and healthy smoothie. You just need ripe mango, avocado, natural yogurt, honey and lime juice. The end result will be a thick smoothie combining the sweetness of the mango and honey, smooth flavour of the avocado and a little bit of sourness from the lime juice.
8. Pineapple and passion smoothie. If there was to be a smoothie competition that judges taste, the pineapple and passion smoothie will without a doubt take the trophy. For this delicious drink, you need pineapples cut into chunks, passion fruits, vanilla yogurt and ice cubes. You can also add in some mango slices. Throw everything inside the blender, blend and enjoy the smoothie!